The State Government has warned public housing tenants should not feel safe from eviction if they damage property or use public housing for illegal purposes.
The warning follows the announcement of an extension to the 'eviction moratorium' last week.
The freeze on evictions and rental increases was implemented at the start of the COVID-19 outbreak and was designed to help those facing financial hardship due to the pandemic and address issues such as an inability to pay rent or bills.
Housing Minister Peter Tinley said the vast majority of public housing tenants do the right thing.
"It was not intended to provide a safe haven for those few who exhibit unacceptable and antisocial behaviour," he said.
"If you think you can deal drugs from public housing, or threaten and attack your neighbours, and be protected from eviction, think again. Taxpayer funded housing is a privilege.
"The McGowan Government and the Department of Communities has a very clear three-strike policy that will be used against problem tenants."
The extension was due to expire at the end of this month but will now finish in March 2021.
Man fined thousands for keeping dozens of undersize blue swimmer crabs caught off Coodanup Foreshore
2026 Mandurah Arts Festival to feature month-long program of performances, workshops
Candidates locked-in for Rockingham council vacancy
Man charged over alleged cruelty towards German Shepherd in Baldivis
Calls for improved safety after three major crashes on Forrest Highway in West Pinjarra
Rockingham Flames crowned 2026 NBL1 West champions
Early voting for Secret Harbour by-election begins Monday
Welfare concerns for missing Swedish national last seen in Warnbro
Wanted man last seen in Golden Bay